Who do you trust to do the job right?
In most areas of the country, there are a variety of ways to find a window installer.
- Purchase replacement windows and doors from your local Andersen Window and Door professional and have them install them for you.
- Choose us as your contractor or re-modeler who specializes in window and door replacement
- Contact companies who have done work for you in the past
- Ask friends, family members and co-workers for window installation referrals from Andersen Windows
Questions to ask before hiring a contractor
- How long has your company been in business?
- Are your window installers professionally trained?
- Are your installers licensed, bonded and insured?
- Are your installers EPA-certified in lead-safe installation methods
Your window and door replacement project should be completed by your local window installation experts. Look for experience installing windows and doors into the architectural styles of homes in your area.
Look for companies that has been selected for their skill and professionalism and trained by manufacturers to sell and install their products.
Measuring your openings
The right fit is critical to the operational performance and energy efficiency of your windows. Measuring your openings is an exact science. To make it easy and to ensure a precise fit, let a pro do it for you.
Removing your old windows
This must be done carefully, in order to avoid damage to your home’s walls. Your old windows must be disposed of responsibly. When you choose replacement windows make sure the installers will haul away your old windows for free.
Ensuring a weather tight fit
- Extra care needs to be taken to make sure your new window or door is plumb, level and square in the opening.
- It is important to install insulation between the window and your wall.
- Your window should be well sealed to the wall to prevent air and water from entering your home and causing damage.
- Our Andersen Window and Door Installation Methods are recommended to provide exceptional protection from air and water infiltration.
- It is important to check each window for proper operation.
- Windows should be finished (painted or stained) and hardware installed.
- Interior and exterior trim needs to be replaced and finished, if necessary.
- The installers from TR Window Services are respectful of your home and your time. We’ll keep our work area clean, vacuum when we leave, and explain the operation and care of your new Andersen products.
When you choose Andersen, you get the special experience of having wood, fiberglass or Fibrex windows and doors designed and built for your home — just the way you want them. Plus, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that they’ll be installed correctly by experienced Andersen professionals.